close

One by One, they pass by my cage,

人們一個一個經過我的籠子

Too old, too worn, too broken, no way.

 太老,太糟,身體有缺陷,不行

 

Way past his time, he can't run and play,

他已經太老了 他不能跑不能玩耍

Then they shake their heads slowly and go on their way.

他們搖著頭慢慢的走過

A little old man, arthritic and sore,

[就像]一個小老頭子有著關節痠痛問題

It seems I am not wanted anymore.

似乎 我不再被需要了

 

I once had a home, I once had a bed,

我曾經也有過家,我曾經也有過一張床

A place that was warm, and where I was fed.

那個地方曾經溫暖,曾經是我吃飯的地方

 

Now my muzzle is grey, and my eyes slowly fail,

現在我的鬍鬚慢慢的變灰色了,視力也越來越差

Who wants a cat so old and so frail?

谁要一隻又老身體又差的貓呢?

 

My family decided I didn't belong,

我的家人決定我不屬於他們

I got in their way, my attitude was wrong. 

我的錯是我曾經是他們的家人

 

Whatever excuse they made in their head,

如論他們用何種理由

Can't justify how they left me for dead.

都無法解釋為什麼他們離開我讓我自生自滅

 

Now I sit in thie cage, where day after day,

現在我日復一日的待在這個籠子裡面

The younger cats get adtoped away.

[看著] 那些年輕貓被領走

 

When I had almost come to the end of my rope,

當我幾乎已經放棄了希望

You saw my face and I finally had hope.

你看到了我而我又燃起了希望

 

You saw thru the grey, and the legs bent with age,

你不管我的灰鬍子,也不在乎我那老得再也走不動的腿

And felt I still had life beyond this cage.

認為我不應該在這籠子裡頭生活

 

You took me home, gave e food and a bed,

你帶我回家給我食物給我一張床

And shared your own pillow with my poor tired head.

你讓我那疲憊不堪的頭來跟你分享你的枕頭

 

We snuggle and play, and you talk to me low,

我們相互依畏一起玩並且你輕聲的跟我說話

You love me so dearly, you want to me to know.

你要讓我知道你是那麼的愛我

 

I may have lived most of my life with another,

也許我這輩子大部分的時間是跟另外的人生活

But you outshine them with a love so much stronger.

但是 你的愛比起那些人是那麼的光亮與強烈

 

 

And I promise to return all the love I can give,

To you, my dear person, as long as I live.

我親愛的朋友  只要我活著

我一定用我所有得愛來回報你

 

I may be with you for a week, or for years,]

我可能只能跟你生活一個星期 或是幾年

We will share many smiles, you will no doubt shed tears.

我們分享了許多歡樂與悲傷的日子 

And when the time comes that God deems I must leave,

當上帝認我我應該離開的那天來臨時

I know you will cry and your heart, it will grieve.

我知道你會哭 而你的心會悲傷

 

And when I arrive at the Bridge, all brand new,

當我抵達彩虹的那端開始我將會是全新的我

My thoughts and my heart will still be with you.

 [但是] 我的思想我的心還是會陪伴你

And I will brag to all who will hear,

而我將會大聲的告訴所有的人

Of the person who made my last days so dear.

你就是那個讓我最後的日子那麼溫暖的人

 

Author Unknown

 

arrow
arrow
    文章標籤
    adopting older cats
    全站熱搜

    SnowAngel 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()